About a boy, his dreams and his life

Several years ago in a small city in the state of Hidalgo, México, a child with cerebral palsy was born, whose doctors said that he would not live long, that he would be a like a vegetable and that he would not talk or walk. His parents were disconsolate, because they did not know what to do, however, the mother did not give up and sought by all means that her son was as normal and happy as possible. They took him to hospitals, rehabilitation centers and all the clinics that people told them that the child could be helped, they did not stop in their efforts to make him learn to talk and walk, they put signs in his room with words and objects, and taught him to speak, which he did quite quickly, at eleven months the boy was already saying loose words like any child of that age, and at two years he spoke fluently. His right hand and leg were injured and it was very difficult for him to move without pain, but his mother exercised him daily. His left eye, despite several operations, could not be opened, he would live all his life seeing with one eye, but marveling at everything he could see around him. And the child finally at age three walked, wearing an orthopedic device and with great joy of his parents.

The child grew up, learned to read alone (well... the signs and drawings made by his father, who was an excellent cartoonist, helped a lot) he went to school, lived everything a child had to live, good and bad things , As you know, everything the children have to live, he grew up, finished a career and continued his life, today he is a member of society and he works in computer maintenance, since he was a boy had a great passion about it.

That boy's dreams were to be a great writer, a radio announcer, an astronaut, he wrote poems, short stories, novels... But that is aside, the child today is happy and his goal is to be, today, better than he was yesterday. That boy is me.

The fact that people says your parents  that you have no hope, that you will not be more than a vegetable or that you will simply live to die in a few years is disappointing, however I had good and loving parents, a loving family and the support of all the people who know me and who today see me as an example to follow, however, I am only a person like you who read me, and like you, I know pain, sadness, crying, despair, love, indifference, and I understand that as human beings we have many challenges, and as my mother told me when I cried and complained because i thought I could not do something: "Yes you can, never stop trying! " That I tell myself every time I think I can not, I hear my mother's voice behind me saying " Yes you can! YES YOU CAN! " And it's funny, I can.

To parents who have children with cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, attention deficit or psychomotor and mental problems in general, I will tell you something: Don't give up, your children are special and a source of blessings if you support them and do not sparing efforts to make them responsible citizens of the society. It is not always easy, and sometimes it will be impossible for them to move or speak, and their life may be short, but  please, don't give up, love nourishes the soul and vivifies it, and those children strengthen us simply by the desire to live they have ... I know, I was one of them.

For the rest, I would like to thank my father, Miguel Angel, my mother, Maria de los Angeles, -My two Angels- my sisters, Silvia, Rocío and Luz, and all of you, the teachings I have received these years, Virtual world and the real one, that have opened your heart to me, and that you have always helped me without knowing me. I do not show my face often, to avoid questions, but today I will make an exception, this is me, Luis Miguel Mora Ramirez, a simple human being:

Finally, I want to thank my friends and colleagues in Radio Twitteros (Gerardo, Michael, Victor, Citlalli, Patty, Nazzar, Berenice, Montse, Donvix, Javier, Oscar, Benjamín, Isabel, Flash, Alan, Alejandro, Marco, Yayita, Alesita, etc.) all your support, all your patience and understanding for me, seven years are easy to say, but we are making progress and we have been referent for other radio online stations, and I think the important thing is to give our best daily , I do not compete with anyone, my only competition is myself, and as I said before, if I can be better than I was yesterday, I won a great battle, and that is my story, my life, my dreams and realities... That's me. Thank you.

Comentarios

Entradas populares